Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow Day

day 21
(Yes, this is the same tree you saw on day 13.  The view from our patio is limited.)

This is the snow that closed down Austin.  I think we may have got a half of an inch. Do you see the grass peeking through?

To be fair they build the freeways off the ground here so everything iced over last night.  Couple that with peeps who don't drive in winter conditions (or have any sort of winter gear) I can understand why all of the schools (including Ben's University of Texas) and government offices didn't open today.

It was like a holiday 'round these parts. Kids were out sledding with cookie sheets, cardboard boxes and laundry hampers.

Sadly, it all melted off quickly and the roads were dry by noon.

We should be back in the 60's by the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't even tell it was snow until I really looked. Crazy......

    I need to call you sometime this coming week so we can catch up. It's been a while.

    ReplyDelete