Friday, February 11, 2011

Binky Independence Day

day 29 - binky independence

This morning I decided we are going binky free at our house. We are going cold turkey. For the last year, we have been talking about it.  We've even gotten to the point where he only has it when he naps and goes to bed for the night.

Or if we're on an airplane.

And sometimes at church. 

Then at restaurants when he's noisy.  

Or when we want him to sleep in the car. 

 Or if he's super crabby.  

Basically we haven't done a stellar job at weaning him.  I think we are actually weaning Ben and I as much as we are weaning Sam.  

So this morning I gathered them all up from the top of his dresser and stashed them in the office.   A couple of times this morning he took me into his room to get an 'inky.  He seemed a little confused that they weren't on the dresser.  The first time . . . meltdown.  The second . . . whining.  Naptime . . . a little whining until I put him in bed.  I am currently listening to him yell from his bedroom.

The morning has been a little rough but I've been compensating with lots of mommy playtime and snuggles.  He even had Cheetos (On a towel . . . I have beige carpet people) and a movie.  Overall it has gone  . . . OK.

But as you can see, and I can hear, he is experiencing a little bit of withdrawal.

day 29 - withdrawl



So here's my question . . .  How long does binky withdrawal last?  Any suggestions on the transition?  When will it get better? Am I going to get any sleep this weekend?

Now for the greatest/cheesiest line in cinema history . . .

As President Whitmore said in Independence Day, "We will not go quietly into the night. We will not vanish, without a fight. We're going to live on. We're going to survive. Today, we celebrate our Independence Day!"

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...I have no advice for you on this subject. I have a 6 year old who still sucks his fingers...and I don't care! Good luck my friend.

    ReplyDelete