Sunday, February 13, 2011

Great Cannister

This morning I was getting ready for church and I realized that this month it had been a year since Ben's Grandma Hanson, (aka Great)  had died. She was such a cute and spunky lady.  I always looked forward to going to her house with Ben.  You could always count on her having cookies in the cupboard and an opinion on the current state of the Utah Jazz.  I wonder what she would think of this whole Jerry Sloan thing . . .

When she died, Ben's dad asked if there was anything that we wanted from her house.  We were lucky enough to get the buffet that sat in her dining room, a set of her china that she received from her sister, an awesome old camera and Ben's favorite glass candy jar in the shape of a Christmas tree.  Perhaps my very favorite things of hers that we received were her cannisters that sat on her kitchen counter.  There are five in all and a cute little napkin holder.  Ben's aunts and dad thought that I was crazy for asking for them but I love them so much because I know they were a part of her day to day life. Someday when we buy a house, I hope to decorate my kitchen around these cute little cannisters.

day 31

1 comment:

  1. Those are a very rare and special treat!
    AHHH-MAAAA-ZING. Love them.

    ReplyDelete