Monday, April 16, 2007

TV Junkie

My name is Tracey, and I am a TV junkie.

Up until today I had merely suspected this was the case but today I had to admit that I have a problem. It started really innocently. A little "Lost" here, maybe some "American Idol" every once in awhile. I wasn't addicted, I could stop at anytime.

Then today it happened, I realized that I had missed the "I Love New York" reunion last night.

There are many things wrong with this situation. First of all, this it is the trashiest show on television. Secondly, I don't even LIKE any of the characters. Thirdly, even though I know they will re-run it 50 times this week, I keep kicking myself for not TiVoing it.

Side note:
TiVo is the worst/best thing to happen to a TV Junkie. TiVo is like a nicotine patch. You are getting the nicotine without the smoke. With TiVo you may not spend the whole night in front of the television but you will watch the show later . . . Without commercials.

My bad television habits keep getting worse and worse. Here is a list of qualities in a show that will suck me in for sure:

  1. Heart-warming moments. Example "Move that bus!" or "How do you solve a problem like Maria?"
  2. Countdowns.
    Do I really care who the hottest rock girlfriend of all time is? No! But I keep watching anyway.
    Don't even get me started on the top 100 hits of the 80's.
  3. Hannah Montana. Why does the daughter of Billy Ray Cyrus vex me so?
  4. Shows that I KNOW won't be resolved until the season finale or even worse, the series finale. Stupid Lost and 24.
  5. Food Network. Except Ina Gardner, that lady is stuck up.
  6. Anything on E!. I love those Girls Next Door!
  7. SNL-type sitcoms. 30 Rock and Studio 60
  8. MTV shows about whiney teenagers. My Super Sweet Sixteen and Made. These kids need LOTS of counseling.
  9. Trashy Reality TV. Basically any spin-off from The Surreal Life (Flavor of Love, The Fame Game, Celebrity Fit Club, I Love New York, Charm School. Oh so trashy, but oh so good.)
  10. Anything that talks about Disneyland, Disney World or Disney Cruises.

I'm not sure what the cure is but if anyone wants to start a support group . . . I'm in.

0 comments:

Post a Comment