Sunday, April 22, 2007

I hate popped collars

I mean honestly, does anyone look good with a popped collar? There is nothing in the world that makes me think you are a douchebag faster than some teenage or preteen kids with a popped collar. Throw in a pair of white sunglasses and the kid is just asking for a punch in the face. I mean look at these idiots in the picture. I know they are probably trying to be ironic and think they are quite clever but I still think they need a punch in the face.

The problem is that a couple years ago some "musicians", most notably Kanye West and Usher, realized if they tried to be hardcore gangstas would just get laughed off of the stage so they decided to go the opposite direction and go for the affluent preppy country club look. Now douchebag white frat boys can't think for themselves and quickly latched onto this look. The problem is that the rappers have let the look go or at least don't do it all of the time but the morons won't let it go. As trends usually go, it has leaked down to middle America so now you can see kids thinking they are being cool by poppin their collar but in fact they are just emulating douchebags.

Anyway, the moral is friends don't let friends pop their collars and please if you see some poor kid thinking he is being cool with his collar turned up, don't punch him but instead let him know he is not cool and never will be if he keeps emulating douchey frat guys

2 comments:

  1. So, it's clear that popping the collar is wrong, people get staples in their heads becauase of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am liking this staples in the head idea. We should mandate that for anyone that has a popped collar. I think that would quickly curb the behavior. I think we need to start a movement!

    ReplyDelete