Monday, April 16, 2007

The joy of Nixon watches



Ok, so I know that these posts have been all over the place in terms of what we are covering but Tracey and I were trying to kill some time while waiting for a movie to start and wandered into this store called socal style.

On a completely unrelated note, is there anything worse that when you go to see a movie and you accidentally end up in the movie dead zone. You just missed the movie you really want to see and the next one doesn't start for at least an hour. You can always get tickets and come back in like a half an hour, but here in SLC (The Lake as I call it) the theaters are kind of isolated or have construction going on so by the time you get anywhere interesting then you just have to turn around and head back. This is why I have the brilliant idea of theaters with miniature golf courses either built in or very near by. Is there any better way to kill an hour waiting for your movie than playing a couple of holes. I think it is brilliant but then again I also eat so much I am sick for the rest of the night on a regular basis so what do I know.

Back to our time wasting, so we went in this store and it was filled with all of the brands I like, the most prominent being Nixon. Now for those of you poor souls that don't know about Nixon, it is a company that makes snowboarding clothing and best of all watches. I have heard about a recent trend where people are stopping wearing watches and just use their cell phones for the time and I think this is just stupid. Maybe it is a generational thing because I also don't spend 20 hours of the day texting. Anyway, these watches are bad ass. The guys ones are big and beefy and have enough weight that they feel like they could be used to crack open walnuts or some other lame task that requires a heavy object. They are also highly addictive in that once you get one you have to get more and are reduced to checking their web site hoping for some new releases. In other words I would highly recommend them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment