Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 22 - Chinese New Year

Sam has the BEST teachers.  Teachers that have mini-dance parties to Moves Like Jagger with Sam in the parking lot.  :)

For Christmas, they gave all of the kids a sweet stuffed polar bear and a book.  When Sam opened it he said, "Oh!  It's so cute!"  He repeats the sentiment whenever he hugs it.  

For Chinese New Year, they gave all of the kids a fun red envelope.  I handed it to Sam in the car before opening it.  I heard him yell, "YAY!!!  A ticket!"  I was a little confused until I got him out and realized that his ticket was actually a dollar.  According to my extensive internet research, the red envelopes are good luck and ward off evil spirits.  Like I said, he has the BEST teachers.  

When we got out, Sam insisted on carrying his envelope in his pocket.  When he couldn't get it in his front pocket, he tried to put it down his shirt.  Obviously that didn't work so well.  (At the zoo, he tried to put a rock down his shirt.  Strange child.)  He was thrilled when I helped him put it in his back pocket.  

Goodness, I love this kid.  


In case you are wondering he is playing his favorite walking game in the photo.  It consists of hitting different objects and saying, "Take that _____!"  In this case he was talking to the AC unit. My favorite is when he hits the doorbell and says, "Take that ding-dong!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment