Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 19 - Goats

Our friends Buddy and Logan invited us out for a fabulous day at the Austin Zoo.  I use the term zoo very loosely.  It more like a private animal sanctuary. A fun and kinda ghetto zoo.  We loved it.

There are all sorts of random exhibits.  Like a giant turkey wearing shoes (???) that I wouldn't go near.  Scary turkey.   I especially loved (NOT) the scary roosters walking around.   They also had biggest pig I have ever seen in my life.  I texted Ben a picture but it isn't real great.  There were tons of monkeys, big cats and super fun goats. We had such a good time.  

Buddy and I liked the animals.  

Sam and Logan liked the sticks and the rocks. Go figure.

Here are the cuties posing in the duck cut-outs.



Attempting to get a picture in front of the lions.  Sam was loving but less than cooperative.  Logan wanted to go inside the cage with the lions.



My sweetie boy riding the most random train I have ever seen in my life.  Cute but I wasn't quite sure why there were aliens, pirates, gnomes and half a rhino along the route.  Whatever.  It was a train.  The boys loved it. 


Cute friends holding hands while walking.


My very favorite part of the day was feeding the goats.  Sam was totally into it and practically stuck his hands in the goats' mouths.  Lovely.  Buddy said at one point Sam pulled his hand away and she saw a trail of goat drool.  



Logan on the other hand was more cautious.  He would put the feed in their little troughs and then yell for them to come get it.

Here he is yelling, "Come here white horse!"
Hysterical.


We are sooooo lucky to have such good friends here in Austin. We can hardly wait for our next adventure!


1 comment:

  1. Ok, you are killing me. I use to think that I had good pictures of my kids but every stinking one of yours are awesome! Had fun at the ghetto zoo today!

    ReplyDelete