Sunday, January 15, 2012

Day 14 - My Handsome Hanson Support Crew

When I was pregnant with Sam starting at 14 weeks we hard an extremely difficult time keeping my blood pressure under control even on medication.  My edema was so bad that Ben would write words in my legs by pressing on them.  The indentations wouldn't go away for at least 5 minutes. I lost 30 lbs in the 4 days I was in the hospital delivering Sam.  That's a lot of water weight people. 

I'm happy to report that my blood pressure with Baby Girl has been great.  I have hardly any swelling.  I'm still wearing my wedding ring and I wore some sassy high heels to church today . . . with my tent of a maternity dress.  :)  

My perfect pregnancy has just hit a speed bump.  They diagnosed me with Gestational Diabetes this last week. Not fun for anyone but especially difficult since I have been a SUGAR FIEND with this baby.  I go in Tuesday and we'll find out the game plan.  However, since I'm obsessive I've already started reading up on the subject and figuring out what I need to do to minimize my risks. Obviously cutting sugar and carbs is part of it.  Ben has graciously been devouring all of the junk in our house.  

One of the other things they suggest is to walk after dinner.  Now, if you know my hubby at all, making him walk is like pulling teeth.  His parents are avid walkers and hikers.  Somewhere along the line he developed a deep aversion to it.  He'd rather go run on the treadmill. (which he does regularly) So tonight when I asked Sam if he wanted to go for a walk Ben let out a giant groan. I told him he didn't have to go but because he loves his wife and son he joined us.  

I am so lucky to have a such a handsome support crew.  Men who walk and consume large amounts of sugar for the women they love.  What more could a girl ask for?  


0 comments:

Post a Comment