Saturday, March 5, 2011

Chicharrón

We went to breakfast with Nicole and Alex this morning at Appetitos (The Mexican House of Pancakes) and Nicole couldn't decide what to eat.  So based on reading the menu she decided to order Huevos Chicharrón.   When it came, it was NOT what she expected.

day-51
I seriously could not edit this to make it look appetizing.

Apparently Ben knew what she was getting but chose not to tell her.   So Alex tried it first.  Not excited.  Then Ben tried it.  He said, "Eh, its not bad". Then the waitress told Nicole what it was.  In case you don't know, Chicharrón is a dish made from fried pork rinds. There was no way she was going to eat it after that. I didn't eat it either.

So Ben spent the rest of the meal trying to convince Nicole to try it. He even argued that it was no different the eating chicken with skin.  The best part was that the waitress thought Ben really liked it so she brought him a sample bowl (shown above).  Then he HAD to eat it.

I just sat there and LAUGHED! Growing up my dad was always giving my Grandma Barlow a hard time.  If you know my dad, you won't be surprised.  Typically he harasses her about food. She's not a super adventurous eater. You know how they always say that you grow up to be your parents?  Well, apparently Ben is growing up to by MY dad.

1 comment:

  1. Disgusting! But quick correction--instead of reading the menu to decide what to get I got it because I let Alex choose for me based on the waitress saying it was SO good!! In other words, never let your husband order for you!!! =)

    ReplyDelete