Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 73 - Backfire

Today is Sunday so of course I'm posting about food.

However, I'm not posting a picture of my nightly treat.  

Tonight, I post about my child and his food and how sometimes being creative blows up in your face.

We had pancakes tonight and I thought to myself, "Self, I bet your kid would really love fancy shaped pancakes."  So I made some number pancakes, some letter pancakes and some shape pancakes.  I even made a cute flower pancake with pink petals (food coloring). That one might have been more for mom . . . 

Ya know what?  I was right!!! Sam LOVED them.

However, I failed to anticipate one itty-bitty problem.  He loved them so much, that he wanted to carry them around and play with them.  He didn't eat a single one.  In fact, he became a little bit distressed when his "8" broke.

day 73

Next time I'm just nuking the frozen Eggo pancakes that I know he'll eat.  In this case, boring is better.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, tonight's treat is a homemade cinnamon roll. YUM!

  

0 comments:

Post a Comment