Monday, August 25, 2008

Waiting for Sammy

Well . . . we're sitting in the hospital waiting. They started the pitocin so we should be getting somewhere in the next couple of hours. They were unable to break my water because he is still too high. You will all be happy to know that I survived the first needle!!! In case you didn't know, I don't do so well with needles. Luckily my nurse got me on the first try. She was able to take my blood and start the IV with one needle. Thank goodness for tender mercies. I still started feeling a little faint though. My sweet husband held my hand and worked on distracting me during the "procedure".

I'm not sure I have ever been this nervous and excited at the same time! Ben brought the Wii for me so I can distract myself with some Dr. Mario. The nurse said that they actually see a lot of people bring them in. So far now we will just hang out and wait. We will keep you updated throughout the day.

3 comments:

  1. Tracey I'm so excited for you guys. Good luck. We will try to make it down sometime this week and see everyone. Can't wait to hear the news and see some pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No news yet? I hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I just talked to mom, I'm glad he's finally here. Now get some sleep... You're going to need it.

    ReplyDelete