Monday, August 18, 2008

10 days . . . or less

It appears that we will be having a baby sometime in the next 10 days! I can't decide whether to jump up and down in excitement or pass out if fear! Because of my blood pressure they like to deliver between 38 & 39 weeks because the placenta has a tendency to break down early. I called the doctor's office this morning to schedule it and am now waiting for a call back. I should have a date a little later today. Ben and I are hoping that he will decide to come on his own before we have to help him but we will do whatever is best.

We had an ultrasound on Friday and Sammy is doing great. It seems like his little body has evened out, his stomach and head aren't seeming so outrageously large. They are still estimating that at 37 weeks he is 8 lbs 2 oz . . . give or take 15 oz. (That seems like a large window when they are that little) My placenta was in good shape and his head was down, facing a little bit to the right, but mostly towards my spine. YEA! Apparently he has tons of hair. You could see it on the ultrasound and the tech was quite surprised at how much was there.

I am officially off work and home for the duration. The doctors and nurses have been trying to get me to stay home for a couple of weeks. Dr Yamashiro got back into town last week so the decision was made to start today. We were quite happy we had given in when he told us that he was inducing.

We'll keep you updated and hopefully let you know when he is coming later today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment