Sunday, January 23, 2011

Patience. Have some. This is a long post.

If you aren't my friend on FB then you missed my comment around 6:30 pm.

"Because Ben is concerned that I haven't taken my photo of the day, he just offered to pose for some boudoir shots. I'm speechless."

The people "liked" it.

Alas, there will be no boudoir photography tonight. Instead I decided that tonight was the night for the Austin skyline. There is a scenic overlook not too far from our home that is quite lovely. The only problem was we couldn't quite remember where it was. We drove down the road, turned around because we thought we found it. Realized that wasn't the spot. Continued down the road again. Gave up. Headed back towards the spot that we originally stopped at.

Ben parked on the side of the road and I walked down the road for what seemed like forever (wearing all blank mind you . . . not smart) only to get a crappy photo. Seriously. My exposure was wrong. I didn't have my tripod (left it in Utah over the holidays) and there were stupid telephone lines in the way. So I headed back to the car in failure snapping a couple more on the way.

On the way back home, we found the spot! It was much closer to our home than we had originally thought. I hopped out. Lovingly placed my camera on a rock wall and my jacket as a make shift tripod and got this photo.

Austin

Isn't Austin lovely?

The best part is this isn't even my photo for the day.

This is. The only editing is a little cropping and the wording.

day 10

My loving husband sitting in the car with our darling son waiting for the crazy women in their lives to stop taking photos only to have to stop 5 minutes later and wait for her to take even more photos. Such great boys.


In case you are wondering here is the info for the daily photo.
Canon 5DMKII
70-200 mm f/2.8L

Are you ready for the insanity?

200mm 1/30 @f/5, ISO 3200

What was I thinking?


3 comments:

  1. You are just a crazy photographer doing a crazy thing called a 365!!! I love it and my family totally gets it too! What were your settings for the city shot? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay seriously love that photo of the skyline! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my lovely.....almost makes me want to jump a plane to Austin.

    ReplyDelete