Monday, January 17, 2011

Fridge


IMG_3323 copy (4)

Because we are post-doc apartment dwellers, our kitchen is TINY.

I utilize the side of our fridge to hang stuff for two reasons.
First, I hate opening the fridge and having a bunch of junk fall off.
Second, I like to keep recipes close at hand. You can't see it but my stove top is literally 24 inches away.

Here is a list describing what you will find hanging on the side of my fridge. This is so much less embarrassing than what is INSIDE my fridge.

  1. Three hand drawn pictures from my almost 5 year old niece Miriam. We are best buddies. That's what she told me. Love the girl. She has discovered that if she sends me mail, I will send her mail. My nephew Cameron (age 6) made a similar discovery regarding email. I will have to post about that one later. So funny. Please notice the reoccurring themes in Mimi's drawings. Rainbows, flowers and butterflies.
  2. Two different Cafe Rio magnets. They aren't doing me much good in Texas. Neither is the magnet for Jordan View Dental which also operates in Utah
  3. Recipes for: Carmels, Tomato Sauce, Crema Verde Enchiladas, Twice Baked Potato Casserole, Peanut Butter Creme Pie, Butter Toffee and Refried Beans. Not all are visible, but believe me, they are there.
  4. Two digital thermometers. The cords are in the drawer next to the fridge. I love these things because they have an alarm that sounds when you reach the desired temperature. Priceless when making candy or cooking meat. Especially Thanksgiving turkeys.
  5. A picture of Sam Earl's college Jeep. Notice the word "Poop" on the hood of the jeep. Yes, Ben was the responsible party. No, I'm not really sure why this is hanging on our fridge.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha. I am so glad that is hanging on your fridge and not mine.

    ReplyDelete