Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Redneck Roadtrip The Transportation

Why do I keep calling this vacation the Redneck Roadtrip? I'll show you why!

This is my dad's truck and my parents toy hauler. The other car is a rental. As you can see the sleeper has windows. He installed the windows so we could see out when riding. Where the bed used to be there is now a bench that seats four quite comfortably. We ride in the truck from place to place, sleep in the trailer and then go see the sites in the rental car.

Dad is reliving his younger years, we are even listening to 70's rock. He drove truck when I was really little and my mom and I went with him. We also lived in a trailer for awhile when he worked on the railroad gangs. His truck driving skills are still sharp. Just ask those of us that lived through the coastal highway he drove us down yesterday! Scary! (Not his driving, the windy road) He also thinks it is fun to flip U-turns in places like Las Vegas. The rest of us . . . not so much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment