Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Break from Our Regularly Scheduled Program

My laptop died.

Ok, it didn't die, my hard drive did.

This stinks for many reasons.

The first, no computer sitting on my lap whenever I want. I had no idea how computer dependent I am and lets face it, I'm too lazy to go use the old desktop in the other room. Ben is fixing my laptop right now.

Second, it also means that we have to reload all of my programs onto the new hard drive. Do you know how long it takes to load Photoshop, Windows and Office? FOREVER!!!

Third, I also have to move all of my photos, documents and other crap to our external hard drive so I can move some of it back onto my computer. I know, if I just backed up my computer like I'm supposed to I wouldn't have to deal with this boring task. I'm a slow learner.

Here is what I have learned from this experience.

1. Backup your stuff.
2. When your computer starts to act crazy, give it to someone tech savvy. Hopefully either that means you or you have an awesome spouse like mine.
3. Backup your stuff.
4 . Photos in raw=HUGE files. Back them up regularly
5. Next time your computer is slow don't curse the computer gods. They'll get ya back.
6. Did I mention backup your stuff?
7. I like lists WAY too much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment