Sunday, June 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Ben!

My sweetie finally turned 30 today. I am not longer a cougar lusting after a younger man. At least not until March 16, 2019 when I'll be 40 and he'll be 39. Then I'm sure Ben will tell me I'm a cougar once more.

It was an event filled birthday weekend. Friday we went to lunch with his parents at Ruth's Diner. We love that place. Then Bethany and my mom watched Sam and we went on a real date. Sushi at Mikado and Up 3D. Yesterday Gandolfo's breakfast and then we went and saw Ben's grandma and had a fun visit. We ended up hanging out with his brother Nathan and his family and eating delicious JCW's in American Fork. (Are you noticing a trend regarding our celebration technique?) Finlly, we had cake and presents with my parents tonight.

Here is Ben with his cake. Yes, he is that handsome in real life.

(Please excuse the blurry picture. Usually I take million but for some reason I only took one. Weird.)


Here is my revenge. Since I've been hearing about how old I am for the last three months I decided to give it back in birthday cake messaging.


And just for fun, here is Sam in the Hawaiian outfit my parents brought back from Honolulu last winter. He hadn't worn it before today so we figure Daddy's birthday was the perfect opportunity. So funny.



On a side note, I had a little blast from the past this week and contact from an old flame. The details of the situations are really sad and my heart goes out to the family. The situation made me realize how lucky I am to have Ben and his awesome family. He really is my perfect match and the best dad and husband ever. I can't imagine my life without him.

Love you Sweetie!

2 comments:

  1. ha-ha. you are 30 and I am not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome!! Happy BIRTHDAY! Glad Ben could finally join all us OLD people!! :)

    ReplyDelete