Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Simply the best....

Writers strike schmiters strike. I think NBC has proven once and for all that you don't need writers, professional actors, or even an original idea to create a huge hit. I am talking about the greatest thing to hit the airwaves since the Snoop Dogg reality show, American Gladiators. NBC has been able to take a show from the past that everyone secretly liked but pretended was lame and brought it into the 21st century. It is almost exactly like the old show but more "extreme!!!" I was not going to use exclamation points after the word extreme, but I found out that legally I have to use at least 3 when talking about American Gladiators. I am a little disappointed that there is not a gladiator named Laser as there was in the old show, but the new men are definitely less gay than the old ones (except for this guy).


On the non-television front, things are going great for Tracey and I with the exception of one thing, our calling as primary teachers. I do not want to sound like we do not fully enjoy our calling. The kids are great and it is always fun to give them a hard time and to hear their hilarious comments. A perfect example was Josh trying to guess Tracey's middle name. he knew it started with an A so he guessed Autobot, I think Tracey really wished her middle name was Autobot after hearing it. The issue comes from the age difference in the kids. Our class has kids in kindergarten and kids in 3rd grade. It is near impossible to prepare a good lesson that does not leave one of the groups bored or not understanding. Hopefully this problem will resolve itself but I am not holding my breath

0 comments:

Post a Comment