Monday, January 28, 2008

Baby on Board

For those of you who haven't heard the news, we are in fact having a baby this year. Yea! My first doctors appointment is tomorrow so we get to see what is cooking. Bracey (Ben + Tracey= Bracey. No we are not REALLY naming the baby Bracey.) is due in September 4th according to our calculations. We are super excited and a bit nervous. I keep thinking that we are going to go in tomorrow and the doctor is going to say, "Despite the results of three pregnancy tests, you are not pregnant. The last nine weeks have been a fluke." Then again, I'm a bit of a worrier.

Some of you may have read a post a couple of weeks ago about the worst/best Christmas present I bought Ben, a Zelda game for his DS. Since the news is out I will now tell you the rest of the story. The first test I took had a second line that was lighter than the first. Ben's response to me showing him the test: "It doesn't look like the picture." after which he IMMEDIATELY started playing Zelda. He maintains that this is because he had known that I was pregnant for a week. I in turn will tell our child, "Daddy was more concerned about beating his game than that Mommy had just told him she was pregnant with you." This will now be my retaliation for anytime Ben brings up that I "tried to ignore him" when we first started dating or how I only gave him Granny kisses for a month.

I realize that many of you will not want to hear about the gory details of pregnancy so I will be sure to put "Baby" somewhere in the title of any posts involving the blessed state. Feel free to skip past them because I'm sure NO ONE wants to talk about the baby as much as I do.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! I am so VERY excited for you! AND I LOVE to hear all about gory baby details so feel free to write it all or email me the rest you don't post here!! :)

    Love ya!!!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! I'm very excited for you!! Keep up with the baby posts...I care about them and will read them. =) Ditto Steph on the email comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah yeah...congratulations....
    do you happen to have a picture of Daniel anywhere? Any picture I have would need to be scanned and since I don't have one....thought I would ask.... email it if you do. Gracias

    ReplyDelete