Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day 129 - Cake Bites

At church today we celebrated a couple of birthdays for the Young Women.  I asked them last week what they wanted and the resounding answer was, "CAKE POPS!"

I didn't want to mess with sticks so they got cake bites instead.  If I were smart, I would have taken a picture before they were devoured by women but I just can't seem to get my act together on Sunday mornings.  Instead you are getting a picture of the leftovers.

day-129-web

I made lemon (big hit with the adults), strawberry and chocolate.  

If you've never made cake bites or cake pops I highly recommend them.  People are always super impressed and they really aren't that hard. You can find a great tutorial here.

I like little square bites so I used my favorite pan EVER to make them.  

Wilton 2105-4923 24-Cavity Silicone Brownie-Squares Baking Mold
You can get it on Amazon here. 
The funny thing is, I don't really like this pan for making brownies as it was originally intended.  I love using it to make my Grandma's caramels though.  I just pour the caramels in and when they're done I cut them in half.  Saves sooooooo much work.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment