Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 112 - Cinco De Mayo

I'm going to start off this post by saying I am NOT a food photographer.  I really struggle with it.


That being said, here is a picture of tonight's Cinco De Mayo feast.
day 112



I love love love Mexican food in all forms.  I  kinda wanted to just go get Torchy's Tacos tonight but we have had LOTS of restaurant food over the last week so I decided to cook.  Everything was made from scratch.  The menu consisted of the following (click for recipe links):


Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos
Spanish Rice
Quick and Easy Black Beans
Lime-Mint Spritzers (aka Virgin Mojitos)
Creamy Lime-Cilantro Dressing (aka Cafe Rio dressing baby!)
And a Tres Leches Cake.  From a Betty Crocker Box.

Everything was FABULOUS.  The taquitos were awesome and the black beans were amazing.  The Lime-Mint Spritzers were kind of a fail. Only because I used Tonic Water instead of Sparkling Water. Oops.

1 comment:

  1. YUM! We actually had the same taquitos tonight :) They are delish!

    ReplyDelete