Monday, March 24, 2008

The perfect plan

Saturday as Tracey and I were driving back from a delicious breakfast at Ruth's Diner, we drove past a golf course and Tracey mentioned how she would really like to start Bracey into sports such as golf at a young age so that we could have a fun family activity that we can do together. It seems like things are so competitive these days that unless your kids are playing from the time they can walk then they are relegated to the benches. I thought that this was a great idea because it fits perfectly into my plan of becoming a stage dad.

For those 2 people out there who do not know what a stage mom/dad is, it is where the parent has no discernible talent (see I already fit the bill) so they attempt to live vicariously through their children. The added bonus comes if the child has a ton of talent that you get to retire and "manage" them (ie steal their money).

The only example I can think where a parent has done this is Tiger Woods and he is obviously a huge success. I am sure that there is a one in a million chance where this could scar the child for life and that kid could go crazy and end up marrying a back up dancer, having 2 kids, and wind up in rehab more times than I can count, but that is a purely hypothetical situation. There is no way that could happen in real life right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment