Tuesday, March 18, 2008

MEAN Pregnant Lady

A couple of months ago Ben, pre-pregnancy, Ben sent me a hilarious link. It was written by ESPN's Sports Guys wife, the Sports Gal. She apologizes to all of the people she was mean to during her pregnancy. Here is the link:http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/071026 (It is towards the bottom in a blue box)

I thought "Wow! This chick is moody . . . but really funny." Well, I'm started to feel like I might be writing an apology blog in a few months. Let me tell you about a little outing Ben and I had.

We went to Costco the other day and the stupid girl who was bagging was telling her co-worker how St. Patricks Day is really on the 15th. Interesting. For those of you who don't know my birthday was Sunday, the 16th. The day before St. Patricks Day. Just like it has been the last 29 years. Well, naturally I corrected her because I didn't want her little friend to be confused. She goes on to argue with me about how NOW and for the rest of eternity it is on the 15th because that Catholic Church didn't want it to be during Holy Week. I have no problem with religions celebrating holidays on different days for religious purposes. I belong to a religion that moves Halloween if it is on Sunday. However, I don't claim that the Church changes it on the calendar for the whole world, which she did. I argued with her for a couple of minutes while Ben paid and then dragged his furious wife from the store. Ben was dying laughing. I know, not a big deal, after all she was a 19 yr old girl working at Costco but still, don't be ignorant! I even googled it when we got home. As I suspected, Rome approved for the Irish Bishops to celebrate on the 15th, they didn't change the date forever! Sweet vindication.

But wait there's more . . .

On the way home from I talked my husband into stopping at 7-Eleven for my new favorite prego treat, a Slurpee (he was scared I'd yell at him like the Costco girl got yelled at if he denied me) So I go get my Slurpee and the stupid machine spits out Peach Slurpee (gross) from the Cherry spigot. I was NOT happy. I stomp, muttering under my breath to the counter and unsuspecting worker. The worker who by the way ALWAYS turns off the card reader and says "It is broken." Funny . . . it's only broken when you work bubba!!! Maybe if you spent less time talking to your buddies, you could let me run my own debit card! Anyway, I digress. So I proceed to tell him how the Slurpee machine is mislabeled. He says "Yeah, I don't know who did that." My reply, "Maybe you should go fix the stupid sign because that really pissed me off!" Bewildered 7-Eleven guy offered to let me dump my slurpee and get new one full of sub-par flavors. GRRRR. Don't worry though, in a fit of rage I filled my cup with Coke slurpee full of caffeine. Maybe if I hadn't given up caffeine for the pregnancy we wouldn't be having these outbursts.

I think that Ben may not take me out in public again until the baby is born.

2 comments:

  1. hahahahaha!! Oh dear! Lucky, lucky Ben! That is going to be quite a long time to not take you out in public. Besides, it really isn't your fault...it is the ignorant, incompetent people, right?! haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    I think this is a great story about the pragnants.Which is shap in the saved in a url.I think thaty is goign to be quite.

    ReplyDelete