Saturday, February 2, 2008

Just terrible

Yesterday (Friday) Tracey's office had their end of the business year celebrtion and this year instead of having an awesome party with a terrible gameshow, they had a luncheon at the Market Street Grill and they did not invite spouses (thanks a lot BMW bank jerks). After the lunch, they let everyone go home early which left Tracey and I, a free late afternoon. I let her choose which movie we would go to and because she is a girl, she chose 27 Dresses. The movie was pretty by the numbers up until Cyclops uttered a line to Gummy Sue at the climax of the movie that almost completely ruined the entire movie. After someone pours out their heart who would just say "get over here". It really joins the ranks of the worst lines at a crucial moment in a movie. I know they are the worst because when I repeat them to Tracey I get punched. I will recap just a few.


1. "We are the island"- This is from the completely terrible movie, The Island. Actually this was the first movie quote that got me punched. I guess it is supposed to mean that then knocking boots is paradise but it ends up coming off as stupid.

2. "Ditto" This one is from Ghost which I will honestly say, I only watched because it used to always be on cable. I mean there is nothing women love more than telling someone they love them and hearing "ditto" back. I am not even going to mention the whole Demi Moore and Whoopi Goldberg making out scene

This is just a small sample. I was going to include some stuff from Top Gun but the movie is obviously a love story between Ice Man and Maverick but not everyone might agree.

0 comments:

Post a Comment