Monday, February 11, 2008

Pink or Blue at 7 weeks

So last night as I was scouring the internet for baby stuff (like I do every night) I came across the craziest thing. http://www.tellmepinkorblue.com/. Apparently, at 7 weeks they will send you a nifty little kit to determine your baby's gender. Here's how it works: you prick your finger with a little needle, smear your blood on a card and then send it back. They then examine your blood to determine if you have absorbed any little baby boy Y chromosomes. If you have, a bouncing baby boy is in your future.

Now all of you who know me even a little, know that I'm not so good at waiting for surprises. In fact, I was bursting with baby news the day that I found out about little "Bracey". (So much so that I announced before a couple of my more prego peer. Don't I feel sheepish!) However, even I draw the line at paying $245 to stab my own finger. We'll just have to wait for the ultrasound. Besides, finding out early would ruin the office pool on Bracey's gender. I will give you the run down on all the pregnant women in my life and the gender's of their little peanuts and you can guess for yourself.

Work friends (we're thinking of bottling the water and selling it to fertility clinics)

Julie- Due ANY day, having a boy
Dawn- Due in May, having a girl
Melissa- Due in June, having a boy
Brooke- Due in July, having a girl . . . we think.
Darci- Due in August, not sure what the kid is but Darci thinks girl.

Family

Katie (cousin)- Baby born Saturday, little girl!
Amy (cousin)- Due in July, I haven't heard what she is having but she already has three boys.
Margaret (Sister-in-law)- Due in August, not sure but she would love another girl but thinks it's a boy
Me- Due in September, Ben has retracted his original statement and now thinks its a girl

I'm not even going to include the 30 women in my ward that are pregnant! I'm just happy to have plenty of this friends for Bracey to play with!

0 comments:

Post a Comment