Monday, May 14, 2007

Beverly Hills 90210

Ok, so I have been looking for something to post about and then I came across this amazing clip and there was no way that I could not post about (as the clip says) the greatest tv shows with a zip code in the title of all time Beverly Hills 90120. Ok so I am going to ignore the later seasons which I felt were inferior despite the addition of Kelly Kapowski which was a huge plus and focus on the amazing early seasons that completely ignore the fact that the actors obviously look like they are 30 and there is no way they could be high school students. I mean Dylan looks like he is at least 40 and he is supposed to be like 17 at the beginning of the show.

Anyway, this show is the best. It covered such hard hitting topics like suicide, drug abuse, and how the "cool kids" at the school would ever hang out with a huge loser like Andrea Zuchermann (sp?). Man if there was one flaw in the show besides the obvious age thing it is Andrea. I mean every time she comes on screen I just want to poke my eyes out. Anyway, it even had serial victim Ray Pruitt on the show who got blamed for shoving Donna down the stairs when she obviously slipped and fell on her own. There is no bigger victim in all of television history than Ray Pruitt other than the viewers being victims of being forced to endure David Silver supposedly being a "musician". Man was that horrible.

I also never quite understood how Nat was such good friends with all of the kids. I mean I know they hung out at the Peach Pit and Brandon actually worked there but there is something odd about a middle aged man's involvement in the lives of high school students.

Overall I would give the first couple of seasons of the show a solid B+ which puts it at the level where if there is nothing else on I would watch a rerun and not resort to reading or doing house work. Actually I can just watch the opening sequence and be perfectly content

0 comments:

Post a Comment