Thursday, September 22, 2011

Treatloaf

I did not get a photo today, however I'm going to make up for it by posting one of our Hanson favorite (not to mention easiest) recipes:  Treatloaf.  

My mother hid Ben's cookbook for 6 months because she wanted to keep this recipe.  My brother Kent requests it within 30 minutes of seeing Ben when we go to Utah. He also asks him to make two.  Ben sends his brother taunting photos of Treatloaf when we have it for dinner.  My sister Bethany insists that there is magic in it.  There might be. I think it might just be cheese.


Treatload (aka Meatloaf)
1-1½ lbs hamburger (we do half hamburger, half ground pork)
1 cup cheese
1/3 cup milk
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp thyme
2 cups corn flakes
1 egg
salt & pepper

Preheat oven to 350.  Mix all ingredients by hand and shape into loaf at bottom of 9x13 pan.  Indent in the middle.  Cover with 1 can cream of mushroom soup.  Cook for 1-1½ hours

0 comments:

Post a Comment