Thursday, September 8, 2011

Day 235 - Area Rug and Excuses

I hate our carpet.  DESPISE it.  For months I have been trying to come up with a solution to keep it clean.  We don't wear shoes in the house but unfortunately we have a little person living in our home who likes to toss sippy cups around.  Grr.  I've been eyeing area rugs for awhile but they are just so expensive and the thought of putting a rug on carpet seems so strange to me.  I don't know why.  

Luckily, Sam's birthday brought the perfect solution.  If my house didn't look like a Toys R Us before, it certainly does now.  But hey, it keeps the carpet clean.

Day 235

In other news, my friend Shannon called today to check on us.  Apparently the combination of the craziness of our lives right now, the fires all over Texas combined with the fact that I didn't post yesterday was enough to cause a little bit of concern.  This is why I love her.  

We are doing just fine.  There aren't any fires in our immediate vicinity.  However, I did pack a bag today just in case something happens and we need to evacuate.  We are hoping that will not be the case but it is better to be prepared.  Unfortunately there are many Texans who were caught by surprise and do not have the things that they need.  My heart aches for the 1,386 families that have lost there homes in Bastrop just outside of Austin.  We continue to pray for rain and hope that this dreadful drought will soon come to an end.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment