Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sent to Baby Detention

For those of you who know me, you won't be very surprised to find out that I never had detention growing up.   Well, we went to the doctor yesterday and after a not so hot visit we are being sent to detention.  Ok, not detention, but we do get to have appointments 3x's per week now.  Non-stress tests on Tuesdays and Fridays and my normal weekly appointment.  My blood pressure was back up yesterday.  The first time was really bad.  He decided to take it again and then we would "discuss our course of action".  We found out that meant spending some time being monitored at the hospital and some blood tests. They took it a second time and it was a little bit lower. We BARELY dodged a bullet and didn't have to go over to the hospital.
 
The good news . . . my doctor is out of town for the next 2 weeks so I don't think they will induce me before 37 weeks.
 
The bad news . . . my doctor is out of town for the next 2 weeks so I have to see the other doctor who apparently isn't a laid back as my doctor. 

 

2 comments:

  1. Bummer Tracey. Let us know if there is anything we can do. I hated the weekly visits at the end much less 3x a week. Take it easy you don't want a NICU baby. Trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they have you on bedrest? or are you still working? I can't believe you are doing 3 times a week! Keep me updated on what is going on. As much as you are ready to have it overwith, Heather is right. Just take it easy and endure another 2 or 3 weeks. You definitely don't want a premature baby if you don't have to. The problems in the long run are much worse than just enduring another couple of weeks. Hang in there! We are praying for you. Use that direct line through Mary Margaret and hang in there just a bit longer! Love ya! Hope you had a great shower, sorry we missed it!

    ReplyDelete