Saturday, November 7, 2009

She ran and ran and ran . . .

The following information is being posted all over the internet including Facebook and my running blog (willrunfordisney.blogspot.com) . You might even get a hysterical phone call from me about it.

Today I ran for 20 minutes. . . . without a break.  On September 8th I started the Couch to 5K program.  In the beginning you run 60 seconds, walk for 90 seconds and repeat.  The first day I couldn't do more than 3 repetitions. I cried.

Today I kicked 20 minutes' butt.  Granted I'm slow but I did.  I ran an entire 1.25 miles.  I don't think I have ever ran an entire mile.  Not even in High School.  This is a monumental day peeps!

I have 3 more weeks on the program.  Supposedly I will be able to run a 5K by the end of this.  I believe it can happen.  After that a 10K.  After that a 1/2 Marathon.  After that . . . a cruise.

On a side note, here is a picture of Ben's new fancy shoes. (As seen on the other blog) The yellow makes you run faster.


1 comment:

  1. I am SO proud of you woman!! Sorry I haven't been following this progress as closely as I would like, I am a bit preoccupied!, but seriously! That is SO awesome! Keep it up! I am trying to get Sammy jogging with me. It is NO fun at first, but kind of gets addicting after long enough, KIND OF! ;) Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete