Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Baby update

Some of you probably know already but we've been playing a fun game at our house called "Keep Tracey Off of Bed Rest"  Apparently my awesome high blood pressure (Thank you genetics!), my huge swollen feet combined with the Toxemia/Preeclampsia of the women in my family is a cause for alarm.  Fun huh?  We have been working diligently to keep all of these factors under control so keep my doctor from putting me on bed rest. My wonderful boss even rigged my desk so my feet are elevated all day and the President of the Bank said he would buy me a recliner to help me stay at work. (Have I mentioned how much I love my job?)
 
Well, we had an appointment Friday and it looks like I am in the clear . . . for now.  Blood Pressure was good, feet were good and my pee-in-a-jug-for-24-hours test came back great.  To top it all off we found out today that I do not have gestational diabetes! I do have an iron defienciency but that isn't anything a vitamin can't help.    This kid might now be grounded at birth after all.  Obviously we still need to be careful and they will continue to monitor everything but if we're lucky we might get to wait until 37 wks to have this kid instead of scary 34 wks. 
 
Some of you know, we have been living in Ben's parents house since we got married. They will be home on Saturday from a 2 year mission in Winnipeg Canada.  We are excited to have them back!  In addition to all the fun, Ben and I are just about moved into our new apartment.
 
Let me rephrase that . . . Ben moved us into the apartment.  I watched and moved the car.  

4 comments:

  1. Haha! Ben you are pretty close to sainthood I'm thinking! What a lucky wife you have!

    Tracey, SO glad to hear that things are good for now! Keep up the hard work and it will pay off in the end! You are so lucky to have such a great boss and job.

    Keep us upadated, my mom keeps asking if you've put any updates on the blog!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracey, congrats on the no bed rest! I loved the fact that you got to "watch and move the car." It made me laugh, out loud. That's aounds like my kind of move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how close you are!! It's going to be so much fun! It's awesome that you are doing good and that your blood pressure is under control...just hang in there a little bit more! Good job on the move Ben! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear things are well with mom and baby. Congratulations on the move, Ben. lol Pregnancy is always great at that time in life. :)

    ReplyDelete