Sunday, June 15, 2008

My husband the joker.

Yesterday afternoon we went on a "Paul Adventure". That means the my dad, Paul, took us on an errand. When I was a kid this often involved panning for "gold" or driving to the middle of no where to look at some railroad track. Now, since my brothers are adults and he has adult son-in-laws, this sometimes means him using his young muscle to accomplish random tasks. Yesterday, he talked Ben into coming and helping him rearrange the trailers by the shop so my mom could take one to Youth Conference this week. Unbeknownst to Ben, first we had to load my dad's antique tractors onto the bed of his Semi Truck. (this is so he can show them off at a tractor show in CA this week) My dad being the tricky guy that he is had a plan, a plan that involved us and my parents riding in the Semi, with the tractors on a lower trailer to the railroad yard and using a special ramp to get them up onto the bed of the semi. This is truly something you would have to witness. Anyway, it was super hot and there was no shade. So while my mom and I sat in the truck (I lounged on the bed in the sleeper) Ben and my dad worked diligently to get these antique tractors onto the bed. Unfortunately, one of them died so the two of them spent an hour and a half getting it running. Ben is pretty fair skinned guy and sunburns super easily. By the time we were done he was beat red and really thirsty.

After finishing up with my parents we decided to go get some dinner at Sampan. Ben is usually a fairly patient guy but last night was a little rough for him. Our waitress took FOREVER to come take our drink order and Ben was starting to get super annoyed because he was hot and thirsty. She finally came and took our order. We ordered our normal dishes but Ben in a random move ordered the Hot and Sour Soup. I was surprised and asked him why he ordered it. That's when I found out how far my husband is willing to go to make a joke. He simply stated, "Because that's how I feel; hot and sour."

And no, he didn't even eat it when it came.

0 comments:

Post a Comment