Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 78 - Mater?

My parents arrived tonight!  We didn't have a real firm plan for the night so we decided to take them downtown.  We took a driving tour of campus and then proceeded to South Congress (the funky part of town) across the South Congress bridge.  In case you didn't know, the South Congress Bridge is home to the largest colony of bats in North America living in an urban environment.  During the summer there are up to 1.5 million bats who make this bridge there home.  They start to arrive in March and every night at dusk they rise like a plume of smoke and fly off to eat bugs.  

Tonight's picture isn't the bats.  But Ben did manage to drive us over the bridge in heavy traffic right as the bats were flying off.  Nice work honey.  

As we drove down South Congress we started to notice random old hot rods.  The numbers increased and we found ourselves cruising through the Lonestar Round Up.  So many restored fun old cars!  My dad was in heaven.  In typical Tracey fashion, I started taking pictures from a moving vehicle.  I'm so lazy.  

My favorite car of the night was this old truck.  

day 78

I think I've been watching Cars waaaaay too much.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment