Thursday, October 16, 2008

What . . . more baby pictures?

So I was re-reading some of our blog and I realized that we are turning into boring people that only drone on and on about our baby and how adorable he is.  Granted he is so stinking cute that we can't really help ourselves.  So in an effort to depart from this topic, I will tell you about our first non-baby evening. 

Our first night away consisted of the Weezer concert.  AWESOME!!! We had such a good time and Weezer of course was amazing.  Angels & Airwaves opened for them and were surprisingly great live. My only issue was Tom.  Tom, formerly of Blink 182, is the lead singer of the band.  Granted his vocals have dramatically improved since early Blink days but I'm not sure they have improved to the point that he can consider himself an "artist".  It was really distracting because without his guitar he seemed really uncomfortable on stage.  He used his hands WAY too much and made really weird "I'm trying to be deep and meaningful" poses as he sang.  Add to that the fact that he said, "We are Angels & Airwaves from San Diego California."  about 10 times. Oh really?  Is that why there is a giant banner behind you that says Angels & Airwaves? Now for all you fans out there that have stumbled across our blog, I repeat, they were really great live and we enjoyed their performance.  Maybe I'm just getting old but I miss old Tom that ran around naked in music videos. He did come out and sing the Sweater Song with Weezer. Very cool. Now, if we can just get doofy white dudes to stop jumping up and down with EVERY song.  

Speaking of doofy white dudes . . .  
Ok, he's not doofy.  I just had to sneak a picture in somehow.  



 

1 comment:

  1. Love the new page look. Fun. Very boy. For the record, I don't find you at all boring...bring on the baby pictures. He is dang cute! Although, your ramblings are entertaining. Poor Tom. Had he only known he would be mocked for excessing arm gesturing....

    ReplyDelete