Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My brothers

I know I seem to have disappeared from the blog with Tracey doing the vast majority of the posting but I figured since our lives are dominated by little Sammy that she would be the much better source of information. This all changed when I found out that MTV now has a web site that has a ton of new and old music videos. To steal from the blog where I heard about it, it is like hulu for music videos.

This brings us to an old debate I have with my brothers Berkeley and Nathan (aka the twins). They were in high school in the late 80s to early 90s and as such had the semi typical musical tastes (Erasure, Depeche mode, etc etc). Now they claim that they had no idea that the musicians from Erasure were gay until they went to a concert I think in Park City and saw the lead singer making out with a dude on stage. I think the following music video should call into question the accuracy of that statement:


I fail to see how anyone could not know after seeing that video, and I rest my case.

I would like to thank whoever left a comment correcting me about it just being the lead singer who is gay. It does not take away from my point that my brothers are lying

4 comments:

  1. Actually, only the lead singer (Andy Bell) is gay. The other half (the legend that is Vince Clarke), is straight, married and has a son named Oscar. Vince Clarke now lives in Maine and started up bands such as Yazoo and Depeche Mode.

    Erasure are still around, making great music and releasing records every couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, did we even have MTV in the "late 80s early 90s"? The answer to that question is NO! Mom specifically had MTV removed from our cable line up after an unfortunate event with a Billy Idol video. No one at our house would have ever seen those videos. Second, if you are going to call me a liar, at least get you story straight. Berkeley never went to the concert and there was no making out on stage. To introduce their song "A Little Respect" Andy Bell told the story of when he told his mother he was gay. His mother responded, "It doesn't matter as long as you have a little respect." As with most "new wave" groups from the time they all looked and sounded the same. So we are back to my original premise, YOU ARE WRONG!
    -Nathan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with Nathan's post. Your argument lacks real information and facts. I'm stunned that you actually believe we had MTV in our house during that time period. It's best to know the facts before claiming others are lying.
    -Berkeley

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, thanks for the link to the MTV site. There are some great videos there, it's a true time waster.
    -Berkeley

    ReplyDelete