Thursday, May 8, 2008

My wife the cabbage patch kid

Before I get angry messages about this post, let me say that the picture I used in this post was created by Tracey and emailed to me. I feel this is sufficient proof that she is aware of the situation and has a good sense of humor about it.

Those of you who have had children probably saw the title and knew exactly what this post is about. For the maybe one person who reads doesn't know, a common side effect of pregnancy is water retention. With Tracey's high blood pressure this seems to be much more common. When she is able to keep her feet up at work, her legs stay normal. When she is not able to, her feet begin to look a lot like the cabbage patch kid in the picture. She is not supposed to worry unless she gets headaches or blurred vision from the water retention which has not happened (knock on wood). The only advantage to this phenomenon is that I get to have fun creating patterns with dents in her swollen feet. I would add a gallery of my finest designs but I know it would get me punched.

1 comment:

  1. Oh the squishy leg syndrome.... yes that is a fine memory. It didn't happen so much with Isaac so I am crossing my fingers with #3. It is a royal pain inteh neck.

    ReplyDelete