Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Dobby dobby

This Memorial day weekend we were able to spend some time with our good friends Sam and Anya at Sam's parent's cabin. They have 2 of the funniest boys on the surface of the planet. This is exemplified by the following story related to us by Sam and Anya. I guess the family drove up to Cedar City on Friday and stayed at a hotel. The kids had been doing baby talk all night which consists of saying "dobby dobby" to anything you say to them. After a dobby filled evening they got everyone in bed and the lights out and had been enjoying the silence for a little while when Ikey-boy (now what he calls himself) said "Mommy..." Anya being the great mom she asked him what he needed to which he responded with "dobby dobby." The boys found this hilarious.

Of course this became the running joke of the weekend. Sam concluded that it was the perfect response to any question. "How are you today?"... "dobby dobby". "What do you want to do this evening?"... "dobby dobby". "Would you like fries with that?"... "dobby dobby". As I said, perfect. The joke came to a head when Sam, Pops (Sam's dad), and I were upstairs with the boys and all of the ladies were downstairs. We kept sending the boys down to tell Anya and Tracey dobby dobby. After one time Noah (4 years old) came back and told us he told Anya dobby dobby and in his words "Mommy said, 'just get away from me.'" I am hoping this dobby dobby trend will catch on

1 comment:

  1. The Dobby Dobby train continues much to my disappointment....mostly because Sam is famous for never letting a joke die... but that's what I signed up for, so I can only blame myself.
    Had a great times with you guys!

    ReplyDelete