Thursday, December 6, 2007

Christmas Season...

I would like to officially say that Tracey and I are way ahead of the game this Christmas season. I realize that by stating this fact and bragging a little bit I am just asking for problems. I am expecting to go to check on my secret present stash only to find that they have spontaneously combusted or something else equally unlikely will occur which will destroy all of my hard work. We have finished getting all of our gifts for family members and I only need to get one more thing for Tracey and I have a pretty good idea on that one. Of course things aren't perfect for us because we have one final task to do, the ever dreaded Christmas card photo.

First of all I would like to point out that no matter how good the photo ends up being, it will almost certainly come in a close second for the greatest Christmas photo of all time. The absolute greatest photo occurred about 4-5 years ago and involved me wearing a women's Christmas sweater. The sweater was an amazing find from Savers. It had stuff dangling off of it and built in shoulder pads. I wish there was an digital copy of this photo out there so that I could post it, but alas there is not. Lets just say the camera at the Walmart photo department almost exploded from an awesome overload.

The next problem is finding the correct setting for the photo. You want something to be Christmassy (I know this is not a word, deal with it) but the setting can't be so busy that it either looks like the North Pole threw up behind you or have so much going on that it could cause seizures like the old video games warn about.

Finally, once the right setting is found, you need to figure out a way to take the picture. Since, as Tracey will tell you, I am a cheap ass, there is no way I am going to pay someone to take the photo,. I also hate imposing and asking someone else to help. This is a major problem. Fortunately, it allows me to put to use one of my few hidden skills, tower building.I am the master of stacking random crap to make a tower for the camera. In fact, there is a test one sitting on our coffee table right now.

Luckily Christmas is far enough away the photo is not a super pressing issue but it is a major blemish on an otherwise perfect season

2 comments:

  1. Time is drawing near... can't wait to see the photo...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so you do know that you can just scan the printed copy of the best ever Christmas photo of you from 4 or 5 years ago and it will then be in digital form so you can post it. This definitely is a MUST see! Find a nearby scanner--quick!!

    ReplyDelete