Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day 252 - The Muffin

I realize that there are a couple of days missing but they are coming.  Soon.  For now, bear with while I talk about my favorite subject other than my boys.  Food.

So Sam (you didn't think I was actually NOT going to talk about him did you?) really loves the show 3rd and Bird on the Disney Channel.  This is funny because I am terrified of birds.  My friend Kara sent me this today and I think it properly illustrates my feelings.


Anyway, back to Sam and the birds.  There is a character on this show called Muffin that always refers to herself in third person.  Super annoying but whatever, Sam loves it. 

I think the show is backed by some muffin that is inserting subliminal messages into the program because I have been wanting to back muffins all week long. 

So today I made these lovelies.

Day 252

They were good, but not quite sweet enough.
Then my brilliant husband suggested a white chocolate glaze. 
Which I made immediately after Sam went to bed.
Not the prettiest thing (or photo) but I'm sure I can perfect my technique because this sauce sealed the deal.  Muffin perfection.
Cause I love ya, here's the recipe.

White Chocolate Glazed Raspberry White Chocolate Muffins
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1 egg, slightly beaten
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking poweder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup raspberries.  Fresh or frozen (I used frozen)
  • 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
White Chocolate Glaze
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 white sugar
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 cup white chocolate chips


Directions:
  1. Grease 12 muffin tin cups.
  1. Heat oven to 400°.
  1. In a large bowl mix the milk, butter and egg.
  1. Stir in all remaining muffin ingredients except raspberries & vanilla chips.
  1. Stir only until flour is moistened,then gently stir in the berries & vanilla chips.
  1. Spoon the batter into the greased muffin tins.
  1. Bake for 24-28 minutes or until golden brown.
  1. Let muffins cool a little, then remove from pan.
Glaze Directions:
  1. Over medium heat, bring butter, milk and sugar to a boil.
  2. Boil for 3-4 minutes.
  3. Remove from heat and stir in white chocolate chips until completely melted.
  4. Drizzle (or liberally pour) over muffins. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment