Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sam's blankets . . . with an S

Sam has two blankets that he loves. We call them Brown and Blue.

He LOVES them.

They are minky on one side and silky on the other. He loves to rub them on his face and carry them around by their tags.

Recently he has decided that he needs to take them with him everywhere he goes. Super annoying because then I end up needing to wash his blankets CONSTANTLY.

So I thought, "Hey, he's a little boy. Little boys LOVE capes. I'll just make him a cape with a silky side and tags at the bottom."

Brilliant, eh?

So I researched how to make capes online, went on Illustrator, designed him a little "logo", cut out a template with my silhouette and went to the store to buy fabric.

Let me tell you sewing isn't something I'm super great at. I can do it, but not real well.

I appliquéd his logo out of felt. Cute. . . I'm on a roll.

Then I put together the cape. Not so cute, but I learned some valuable cape lessons.

This morning Sam and I went to the store again for more fabric. I had a better plan.

This time the logo looked even better. The cape looked pretty good. The sewing machine cooperated. By the end I was feeling pretty proud of myself. I even took pictures to send to Ben and our moms.

See? Cute.


Then came the moment of truth. Will Sam like/wear the cape?

I put it on him.

He ripped it off and threw it on the floor.

Guess Mommy has a new cape.




2 comments:

  1. I love the cape! It's so cute. If Sam doesn't want it guess who does!! ME!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute....maybe he'll learn to appreciate it! =)

    ReplyDelete