Saturday, October 30, 2010

Cooking with Z

My little cousin Zaylee is the biggest crack up. She told me that she lives in Sandy & Tony (aka San Antonio)

Anywho . . .While I was there we put together a couple of meals for her family while her mom was in the hospital. She REALLY likes to help in the kitchen and begged to help me cook. After pouring milk on my phone, I realized that we had to come up with something suitable for her to do. She became Enchilada Girl.

First, she would get out the tortilla. It was essential that she patted every single one.


Next, I would add the chicken and "soup" as Zaylee called it.

Third, Zaylee would add the cheese. The amount wasn't too consistent. And she may or may not have licked her fingers a couple of time. I figured it was her parents eating them so it wasn't that big of a deal.


I would then roll them and stick them in the pan.

When we were done filling all of the enchiladas, she poured (dumped) the rest of the cheese on top. She was one good little helper.


In other news, she and Sam got in a fight over the iPod. In a rather uncharacteristic move by Sam, he bit her arm. She didn't even cry. Sam got a massive time out.

Later I said, "Hey Z, let me see your arm.."

After looking at it, she said, "Oh. OWWWW!" I wasn't so convinced.


Granted, it does look like a tiny shark bit her. Such a naughty boy.

1 comment:

  1. Now she has got to be the cutest darn girl ever! (Of course according to her mom at least!) Thanks for keeping her busy-even at the sacrifice of your phone--you didn't tell me about that one!! Did you download these on my comp as well?

    ReplyDelete