Sunday, December 21, 2008

Hanson Christmas Party and The Unfortunate Chain of Events


Yesterday was the annual Hanson Christmas Party.  It was also Sam's first visit with Santa Claus.  Luckily, Sam is one laid back baby and could care less about who is holding him.  This provided his mother with great photo opportunities.  Santa brings ALL of the Great-Grandkids presents.  Sam got a really cute little toy to go on his car seat.  

Since the party was in Spanish Fork and we had an hour ride home to Salt Lake, we thought it would be a good idea to open it up and stick it on his seat.  That is when disaster struck.  Me, being the smart person that I am, decided it would be BRILLIANT to undo the zip ties holding the toy to the cardboard with Ben's Leatherman.  Yeah . . . not a good idea.  I managed to slice finger open, gushing blood all over myself and Sam's toy.  Ben handed me a diaper to soak up the blood and rushed me to the instacare.  Much to my dismay, the doctor didn't think that glue would be sufficient so I received my first set of non-baby related stitches.  

My sister-in-law Kristy is a lawyer, she thinks we could sue Santa and settle for more presents for Sam.   




5 comments:

  1. Ouch, that is a bummer. You'll have to remember to show this to Sam when he gets older to prove again how much you sacrifice for him. hahaha Hope the party was fun up until that point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a good idea...using tools. Here's a parent tip for the future: Before you wrap any presents, make sure all the little ties have been removed. There is NOTHING that kills the joy of unwrapping presents like the screaming baby who can't play with the toy it just laboriously unwrapped because some wise guy in packaging went nuts with the twist ties and forgot he was wrapping a baby toy...not Hannible Lecter! It'll save some tears. Just don't use tools.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my heck! You must be related to me! I cut myself with my own scissors in primary trying to make Christmas ornaments with my class. Luckily I've never had to have stitches though. Ben will probably have to try and keep you away from all knives, Ryan tries! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great Christmas! Your poor finger. I usually just hand that stuff to Troy! Then I am never the one getting cut. Great plan,huh.

    ReplyDelete