Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Not what I expected

Now you may think this post is all about how I was wrong in guessing the sex of Bracey, but I still have a 20% chance of being right and I will not concede defeat until we have definitive proof. This post is all about our fun Saturday afternoon. The baby expo was in town and because Tracey is with child we were legally obligated to go. First of all, I was extremely disappointed because I thought the baby expo was going to be one of those places where you can buy a kid or maybe trade your old one for a fresh new baby. I even had in my mind one of those machines that they have at arcades with the claw that tries to grab stuffed animals but on a much bigger scale and instead of stuffed animals... well you get the point.

Anyway, it was a good time with plenty of stuff we are going to need in the future. Unfortunately at that point we did not know what we were having so it was a bit of a waste. So much of kids stuff is gender specific that shopping is near impossible if you just do not know. I do have a couple of pointers for anyone that goes to these sorts of things. First of all keep a close eye on your kid. I may not be the only person who is confused about the nature of the baby expo. Second, do not make eye contact with the people in booths that you are not interested in. Once you do they pounce and you get handed about 20 different pamphlets. Finally, be prepared to see the same thing over and over. Proof of this is there was more than one booth that specialized in gifts of cloth diapers stacked to look like a birthday cake. That is about the most specialized business in the world and there were two.

I hope these tips help when the baby expo comes back in 6 months. I know I have learned a lot and next time I will not have a pocket full of quarters, and I won't spend 30 mins looking for the crane game.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like WAY too much fun! I hate all kinds of expo's just because I can't afford anything, want everything, and hate all the pressure and pamphlets! But the whole diaper cake thing is funny. I actually made 3 of them last year but with disposable diapers, not cloth ones! I'll email Tracey a pic so you can see if you are interested! :) haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the SBTVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://sbtvd.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete