Friday, November 2, 2007

My death of reality TV

I think at this point it is a firmly established fact that Tracey and I have been big fans of reality tv, specifically dating reality shows. Now I say have been since, even though Tracey still loves these shows, I have finally had enough and can no longer stand reality television. My distaste for these shows can be directly tied to the horrible, horrible show Shot atLove with Tila Tequila. First of all let me say is there really such a shortage of people to put on these shows that MTV has had to scrape the bottom of the barrel to give a show to a person whose only real talent/claim to fame is posting slutty pictures of herself on MySpace? I mean her personality is pretty much nonexistent and her head is a perfect cube, but I digress.

This show has also crossed the line in that I believe they went out of their way to find people with serious personality disorders. On a recent episode, a guy who had spent probably a total of 30 minutes alone with cube-head convinced himself he was completely in love. This lead to him attacking another contestant when he "didn't have a shot at love" and then spending an hour screaming "Cube-Head!" (or maybe it was her name... I get the two confused) outside like that would convince her she made the wrong decision. They have also added the aspect where she has to decide if she likes girls or boys. I really think they should change the name from "Shot at Love" to "Dad, will this make you pay attention to me?"

Also, why do all of these shows feel like they have to have a little catch phrase during the elimination ceremony. Personally, I blame the creators of Survivor for starting it with "The tibe has spoken." How this eventually morphed into "you still have a shot at love, will you take it?" I think they then should be forced to drink until they all get alcohol poisoning, preventing me from listening to these morons trying to have conversations. I could go on and on but I will refrain.

0 comments:

Post a Comment