Friday, November 2, 2007

Mini-Vacation

Ben has been on my case to post something so I thought I would take minute to get everybody up to date on the family.

Kent is home and pretty well recovered. He has been really lucky. The doctors finally cleared him to drive and work so his incarceration has ended. It's really good to see him back to normal. It's a good thing that he has his freedom back, I'm not sure my mom could deal with the two of the taunting each other any more.

A couple weekend ago Ben and I got to get away for the weekend. We went to Enterprise and saw my grandparents. Ben got to go on an outing with my Grandpa Dannelly and my Uncle Dwight. He learned all sorts of exciting things like the logistics of cattle herding and how to butcher a cow. The most exciting part was when Dwight let him drive the semi. Some of you may not know this but my dad and uncles drove truck for many years and in a effort to relive his youth my dad bought a Volvo semi last winter (purely for recreational purposes). Anyway Ben could hardly wait to slip into a conversation that he likes driving Peterbilts better than Volvos. (He's never driven the Volvo) He finally got the chance and my dad had a good laugh. However, he got an even bigger laugh when Dwight called my dad and told him that Ben drove a Kenworth, not a Peterbilt. Dad made sure he called both me AND Ben to give Ben a hard time.

The other fun part of our trip was going down to Vegas to see Sam and Anya and their kids. We had such a good time that Ben came up with the great plan of buying a house behind them and making one "Big Love" style backyard. At least this way Anya and I could start a support group to discuss our crazy husbands. I also got a new boyfriend while I was there, their cute little Noah. He took me on a couple of "dates". I even got a big kiss on the lips. Ben was a little jealous but I think it's fair since their dog, the giant Daisy, slobbered all over him.

1 comment: