Thursday, April 23, 2009

Zoo

We decided that since the weather has been so nice that we would take Sam to the zoo this afternoon.  He had so much fun and was great the entire time.  There was one particular exhibit that he really loved.  

The Penguins.

Some of you may not know this little fact about me but I am TERRIFIED of birds.  Ben usually protects me from birds by walking between me and the ferocious bird. We are planning to train Sam to do the same.  We figure little boys are great at chasing things, why not put those skills to use by chasing birds away. Up until today I was worried that Sam would share my fear.  Apparently not.  Granted, on the scale of scary birds, penguins are at the bottom but I think we are off to a good start.

Here are pictures of our little buddy checking out the penguins. His little legs were kicking like crazy! We actually went back a second time and saw them before we left.  
 

Notice the look on his face.  I think he is saying, "Mom!  Do you see this?  These things are AWESOME!!!" 

I think the zoo is going to be one of our favorite places this summer.  

2 comments:

  1. Tracey,
    Did you go to your happy place to calm down after this trip?
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. he is soooo cute. can't wait tp see him again.

    ReplyDelete