Wednesday, March 18, 2009

So Old.

3-0

I'm 30.  I'm a married stay at home mom with the cutest little boy in the world.

When did this happen?  How did this happen?

Ben's brother used to say something like "If you are 30, you might as well be 40.  If you are 40, you might as well be dead."  (He is now 36)

Is it at all surprising that Ben says things like "People who drive minivans have given up on life."

I'm 30 and still kickin. And I don't drive a minivan, I drive an Expedition.  Is that the same thing?

In honor of being 30, I thought I would impart the FEW things that I learned in my 20's.  I figure I need say these things before I die of old age.  Or in case Ben buys me a minivan.

1.  If you have a choice between seeing a movie at a theater that assigns seats or in one that does not, go with the assigned seats. 

2.  Tattoos on your hip grow when you get pregnant.

3.  Quitting jobs can be scary but it can be the best choice sometimes.

4.  When you become a mom you immeditialy perfect selective hearing loss.  Ask Ben. I have it down.

5.  Nothing beats a Frosty float and an episode of Lost.

6.  Finish your degree.  Even if the only reason is to get people to stop asking when you will be done.

7.  Family is the greatest.  Even if they are crazy.  Get married and get even more family.  More fun and more crazies. 

8.  Sometimes people think you are crazy.  It doesn't mean you are. People can have their opinions and so can you.

For instance, 
A C-section is not the worst thing that can happen to you.  

You can get your baby to sleep in his own bed, in his own room.

Getting married in Utah after the age of 25 does not mean something is wrong with you and you can still find a good dude.

9.  Internet dating works. It's how I found Ben and I wouldn't trade him for the world. 

10. Dating sucks.  Find the right dude, get married and have some babies.  Life is so much better. Not necessarily easier, but definitely better.


0 comments:

Post a Comment