Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The joys of older homes

For those of you who do not know, Tracey and I live in my parents house while they are on a mission up in Canadia. Do not take the rest of this post the wrong way, the house is great and we are extremely grateful to be able to live there for free. The house is an older home and as such, has random problems. The other morning I went downstairs to start a load of laundry and noticed water on the floor. I had flashbacks of a year and a half ago when tree roots grew into our sewer pipe and caused it to back up into the basement. When I looked in the downstairs bathroom, I wished it was something that simple.


As you can see from the photos, we had a leak that went undetected for a little while resulting in some damage. Realize this is also after a couple hours of cleaning. The worst was when I was trying to find the leak and hit the ceiling with a hammer. Water came gushing out the hole and luckily right into the toilet below. Anyway, these photos are a perfect example of the joys of an older home.


0 comments:

Post a Comment