Thursday, May 3, 2012

Day 119 - Big Brother Sam


This kid is something else. I would never have thought that he would handle becoming a big brother as well as he has.  He doesn't call her Dannelly or Elly.  He ALWAYS calls her "Baby Sister." Rather than being jealous, he honestly loves her and is always concerned for her well being. I love how he shows us that he loves her.  

He holds her hand in the car.
He sings to her (Twinkle Twinkle or the chorus to We are Young by Fun.) when she is crying and getting her diaper changed.
He likes to sing and dance with her.  Particularly to the cover of  Zou Bisou Bisou from Mad Men
Each morning he asks me where she is,
Today he wanted to "snuggle with Mom and Baby Sister.  AND read books."
When I put him down for an afternoon rest, he tells me that he wants Baby Sister to sleep with him.
Every night before bed he gives her a kiss.

And my very favorite . . .
In his prayers (meal and bedtime) he says, "Bless Mom and Dad and Sam and Baby Sister.  And Sam and Baby Sister again."

Tender. Heart. Fade out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment